PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Site.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site or email newsletters.
We also collect certain information that you directly provide us:
- When you sign-up to receive our digital newsletter, we collect your email address.
- When you contact us via email or via our contact form, we collect the information you submit, including your name, email, and message text.
- When you leave a public comment on this Site, we collect your name, email address, website, and comment text.
- When you participate in a survey or contest, we collect contact information and information related to the survey topic or contest judging.
- When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
We refer to this direct information as “Voluntary Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Voluntary Information that we collect generally to
- communicate with you and respond to your comments, inquiries, and requests;
- post your public comment at your request;
- autofill your name, email address, and website in future comment fields via a cookie should you opt-in;
- notify contest winners and award prizes;
- fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations);
- screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site and newsletters (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site and newsletters, including when material is viewed, when emails are opened, and which links are clicked, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information as described above.
We also engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into this Site. If you click on one of these affiliate links, a cookie is placed on your browser to track any sales or registration for purposes of commission or bonuses.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
This Site does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Site holds personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16, please contact us and we will prompty take action to remove this information.
We may use anonymous data, which does not uniquely identify you and may be combined with data from other parties. This anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices if your browser provides a Do Not Track signal.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you share Voluntary Information through the Site, we will maintain your information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF OTHER WEBSITES AND EMBEDDED CONTENT
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email using our contact form.